The Contract and Billing Supervisor will lead and manage a team of contract and billing specialists who are responsible for sending invoices to clients and collecting payments.
- Trains and oversees employees involved in contract and billing functions.
- Directs assigned tasks and provides assistance as needed.
- Assists with performance evaluations.
- Oversees the preparation of statements and bills.
- Maintains and/or ensures maintenance of client records related to invoicing and bill payment.
- Reviews work of contract and billing staff to ensure accuracy, resolving inconsistencies as needed.
- Creates and provides a prioritized list of clients to be invoiced to team members.
- Locates, or assists in the location of hard-to-reach clients.
- Drafts and distributes weekly reports of invoicing and billing metrics.
- Advises staff on proper, legal parameters for collection practices; ensures that all billing actions comply with company, local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Provides customer support to customers with disputes or inquiries concerning invoices or billing processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or related software.
- Basic understanding of collection practices and laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to maintain records and produce reports.
- Extreme attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or math is highly preferred.
- At least five years of related experience is required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Years of Experience
Accounting/Finance, Audit & Taxation
|Job Category||Contract and Billing|